Tuesday, November 18, 2008




This idea I sadly can't take for my own, as my 3 year old came up with this one on his own, and then I thought darn why didn't I think of that!


Super Why on PBS is a favorite by Hayden, loving the songs and letters. I take pride on him knowing his letters and some of their sounds. So if he likes a show that incorporates all of this, let him watch! So the other day he asked me for his Doodle Pro(better known at our house as a Manga Doodle, that's whats i grew up with) and drew his letters along with the show. Spelling out words and letters we don't normally work on. If you don't know the show, they sound out the letters and put them on the screen giving him enough time to write all the letters. I was so proud! But whats better than interactive TV, huh? That's what works for me!


I Love to Spell! S-P-E-L-L!

4 comments:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Thanks a lot...now I'm going to be singing that song all night! My kids love the show too.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

We LOVE SuperWHY....and my boys seem to pick up a lot of great things by watching it. I never thought to have them write on their magnadoodle while watching the show...thats a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - thanks!

Mom2fur said...

I'm all for anything that makes spelling fun! As someone who has worked as both a writer and editor, I can tell you, spelling counts! Some future boss is going to hire Hayden and make a nice comment about being able to spell, because (sadly) so many people can't!