Thursday, September 17, 2009



Hayden started Preschool this week! I can't believe my baby is old enough for school. Its a program from 9-11:30 2 days a week. Its only his first week but he loves it! Yeah! On Thursday he gets a swimming lesson, which I am sure will be the highlight of each week. He has a little hook with his name on it and a little person that he puts on the home/school side of the board each time. He eagerly picks out his name tag and can't wait to play with the dinosaurs in the rice table...and he gets a green dot at circle time. Life is great for this little guy!


Today I came early to pick him up, Mama was curious how the swimming lessons worked and his teacher came up to me and told me what a nice, polite little boy he is. She however was most impressed that he could make a basket in the gym, in the adult sized hoops. Hehehehe, we knew that! I laughed she was like Holy Cow. Hayden is also about a head taller than any other little boys. There is another girl who just turned 5 on Sept 2 that is just about Haydens size, she is from Haiti actually. Okay since its my blog and I'll brag if i want to. The Aquatics director came over to me and asked if I was Hayden's mom and wanted to know where he had been taking swimming lessons...which he hasn't and told me he was a very advanced swimmer and she was really impressed. He got bumped up to the highest level class. He makes his Mommy very proud!


On Tuesday when we got there I was a little nervous, he is a man and doesn't talk about his feelings so I wasn't sure how he felt about me leaving him and we got to school and I asked him if he wanted me to stay for a while(we were welcome too) and he said "Bye Mom you can go now" Whew. Looking back on it I probably should of been a little heartbroken but thats what I needed to hear to know he was going to be okay! When I picked him up I asked him all about school, not really getting anything from him, what kid does, but I asked him if he made any friends and he told me that he was going to make them on Thursday. Funny, funny Hayden.


Football starts on Saturday, should be a good time....kinda. Program kind of sucks, oh well he has fun.


The swim director also informed me of another program for Hayden on Fridays but I don't think he'll be able to do that one with my work schedule for now....

0 comments: